Monday, November 25, 2013

Review: Kroger Meals



Hey there, Lady Hurricane here,

So, there is this really great website that I am a part of called BzzAgent where I get to honestly review products, free of charge, and get coupons as well to pass out.  The product that I was chosen to try this last week was Kroger Skillet Meals.  I was sent 3 free item coupons, for Kroger Skillet Meals, Kroger Garlic Bread, and Kroger's Fresh Selections Salad Kits.

First, it was very difficult to even find the Kroger Skillet Meals in our local Fred Meyer.  We eventually asked for help, but the only person we saw that wasn't helping someone already was the produce clerk, who helped us look and then asked the store manager for us after searching for the frozen foods clerk.  The store manager was very nice and helpful too!  He lead us

right to the Kroger Skillet Meals and asked if we needed any additional help.  The only complaint I have is that the selection at our store was terrible. I was really hoping for a pasta dish as it pairs well with garlic bread (I made baked spaghetti to go with it instead), but all they had were chicken or beef fajitas. They did, however, have a wonderful selection of the Fresh Selections Salad Kits and that was the highlight of the meal!  The garlic bread was nice and soft, but we prefer the WINCO brand's taste around here.

Now, because we prefered the salad to everything else, let me RAVE about it real quick!  First, the price was awesome!  It was less than $4 (but I got mine free), and it comes with everything you need to have a restaurant quality salad in the comfort of your own home.


We chose the Caesar Salad Kit and it included the lettuce, croutons, cheese and dressing.  Now, if you're like me, I love that my salad at a restaurant comes tossed.  It's so much nicer than just dumping the dressing on top of the salad mix and hoping that you can evenly distribute a nice coating.  So, I was a mild genius and tossed everything into the bag and shook it up!  Viola!  Beautiful :) It worked great!















The Garlic Bread was nice and soft, softer than most garlic breads that I've had before, but I'm not certain they can sway me from my tried and true fresh baked bread from our local grocer.  This Kroger Garlic Bread is located in the freezer section, and the instruction were really simple to follow.  Remove it out of the package, split it, and put it on a cookie sheet. Simple and delicious!


The Chicken Fajita Kroger Skillet Meal was good; I enjoyed it, my husband thought it could use more chicken though and less veggies, but he's a meat and potato type guy.  The flavors were good, and it wasn't too spicy (I'm a wimp!).  It paired well with tortilla chips and salsa, we had our own family Mexican Food night.  Unfortunately that's the one item we didn't get a picture of, I guess we were just too hungry and excited for the free food.

Now, even though I got this all free, it didn't sway my opinions.  Like I said, the salad we will probably buy again, the garlic bread not so much, and if our store had a larger selection of the skillet meals, we would try others, but we might buy the fajita ones again in a month or two.

Hope you enjoyed my review!  Now, go out and try that salad!! It's great. I mean it!

Oh, and a photo of my baked spaghetti, just because, yum. 
  

Have a great Monday!  What's for dinner at your house?!

-Lady Hurricane

1 comment:

  1. That looks yummy! We had chicken for our tea :)
    Nearly bedtime here then stitching time for me!

    ReplyDelete