Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Just a ray of Sunshine...

Hi :)!


First off, let me say how excited I am to be here writing this right now!  I was approached by Lady Hurricane to be a part of this project and I instantly jumped at the opportunity.  I fell in love with the concept of a community of women who can come to together and unite in the ups and downs of motherhood… where we can laugh together, cry together, and celebrate the joys and sometimes pains of being moms without all of the judgement, because it’s definitely not an easy job and nobody is perfect.



Here’s a little about my family:


*  Wife to a pretty awesome guy.  We have been together for almost 8 years and he is 100% my rock.  I love him dearly and I am very blessed to have him as my partner in this life.


*  3 fur babies (1 dog and 2 cats).


*  1 five year old son (Z) who just loves his mama!  He looks after me with the sweetest little heart, but idolizes his father in every way and can’t wait to grow up to be “just like daddy”.


*  After trying for nearly 3 frustrating years to conceive we were delighted to hear that we were expecting.  But sadly, we lost our little one as a result of a missed miscarriage.  We were devastated, confused, and broken.  I had a D&C and we decided to ease off trying for awhile and see what was in store for us.  There are good days and there are bad, but I will never forget my precious angel baby and I feel lucky to have had her in my life for the brief time she was here. She will forever be a part of me and in my heart.


*  5 months after having my D&C we received the news that we were expecting again.  We were cautiously optimistic and decided to take it one day at a time… fast forward to now.  I am currently 31 weeks, expecting another boy (M), and he is due exactly one year from the date of my D&C.  I am nervous and I am scared, but I am also overflowing with joy.  My heart jumps every time M kicks and squirms around inside me letting me know that everything will be okay and he will be in my arms soon.



Besides the love I have for being a wife and mother, here is a little about me personally:



*  I LOVE to travel.  We usually take crazy whirlwind road trips every summer that wind us through several states and leave us full of fun memories.


*  As a one income family I have learned to develop frugal habits. I may not contribute much financially wise, but I make up for that in not only providing a loving and welcoming atmosphere at home, but by saving us money any way that I can.  


*  If there’s a reason to party, I’m already planning out the details months in advance.  I adore hosting parties and everything that comes along with it!


*  I love to provide delicious food for my family and those around me.  The kitchen is my favorite part of my home and you can pretty much always find me there working on something.


*  I am on a journey to educating myself, my family, and those around me on ways to live healthier by using more natural remedies and reading the labels of products to make more informed decisions when we decide what to put onto and into our bodies.


--- These, plus more will be topics that you can be sure I’ll be bringing up in my weekly posts.  I am eager to get started and can already think of a million different things that I want to talk about, but for now I’ll leave you with a little BOGO deal from Starbucks.  I'll see you next Tuesday :).


xoxo
Lady Sunshine



The drinks included in this deal are:
Caramel Brulée Latte
Peppermint Mocha
Gingerbread Latte
Eggnog Latte





No comments:

Post a Comment