Monday, November 11, 2013

Here comes a Hurricane

Hey there, Lady Hurricane here!

I'm the one who came up with the original idea of this blog-- First I thought I would do it myself, then I realized I probably wouldn't, no I know I wouldn't, finish it just like every other project I start.  Quit laughing, I know you do it too.  Basically, the way this blog came to be is, once I realized the latter, I asked a few moms that I really admire to help me with this project, and then asked if they had anyone in mind that would be interested in joining us, then voila! The Naptime Bloggers were born!  Why the name? Because I plan on working on this during my favorite time of the day, nap time!

I'm cradling this blog like a newborn baby, I want this place to be a loving and warm environment.  I want to be able to laugh and cry, to share our funny stories and our sad, and to be able to make new friends as we go through this not so easy journey called parenthood.  Oh, you think it's easy?  I'll trade you for a day.

I am a mother, and a wife.  My husband and I met when I was 12, it's a rather simple story, but people always look at me weird, so I'll save it for a different time.  I enjoy going on walks with my 8 month old son, watching Netflix with my husband.  I play Xbox, anything from first person shooters (yeah, COD) to Sim's and Keflings. I am a little bit granola, not quite crunchy.  I am a breast feeding advocate, a baby wearer,  and a co-sleeper. I am nuts about car seat safety, and I'm trying to go greener a little at a time.

I went to college for six years and never finished a degree (that's what happens when you change your major four times... Someday I'll finish, someday.) However, my husband did finish school and we moved to a little bitty town, in the middle of no where, where I now know no one, and am struggling with postpartum depression.  Wow... that was hard to type.  This is the first time that I have admitted that I'm battling it, but I want you to know that you're not alone and together we can make it through.

Another thing that I want you to know you can make it through is miscarriage and pregnancy loss.  I too am a miscarriage survivor.  Yes, I still have my hard days, the days I just want to curl up in bed and sleep, but they are getting farther and farther apart as I make my way through the stages of grief.

Well now, that got heavy quickly.  Sorry, I don't do well with heavy.  I usually just throw out the facts, and then try to move on to something different...

I really am happy to have all of you here, and I'm so excited to see where this blog goes!  I can't wait to start getting more messages and e-mails with your questions and comments.  Feel free to e-mail us at anytime.

We're getting rather connected around this internet thing, you should check us out in the social media world;
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest

I apologize for having the longest intro in the world, I promise not all of my posts will be this way.

Until next time,
Lady Hurricane

2 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to read your posts on my breaks during school or while I'm having hot tea on a cold night and taking a few moments to myself. You are all very brave for airing out your personal lives on here, I hope you know that many other women are going through similar issues and you are giving them strength in knowing they are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you CnKorthanke -- That was a huge reason why I wanted to start this blog -- If you ever have anything you want us to talk about on here, feel free to shoot us an e-mail, or comment on here. If you e-mail us it's much easier for you to remain anonymous if you wish.

    We're so glad you're here, and so happy that you can find some comfort here too.

    -Lady Hurricane

    ReplyDelete