Sunday, November 24, 2013

National Adoption Month: From Foster Parent to Adoptive Parent

Our next featured story of adoption is from a person I've (Lady Hurricane) always grown up looking up to. I remember when they adopted their first in 2001, my siblings and I weren't too sure about not being our aunt's favorites anymore, but in the end it ended up being a fantastic blessing! Here it is, it's just a short little blurb about her journey, and I hope someday she shares some of the fantastic stories she has of being a foster parent, and an adopted parent as well!

"Here is a sampling of my journey as a foster/adopt Mama. I was 43ish, a remarried widow, neither of us had children and we wanted children in our lives. After much investigating, my husband and I decided to adopt, then we decided that adopting through the state would be the best, helping our own communities children. We have adopted our 5th child, 3 girls and 2 boys and have fostered numerous kids and some respite care. We have given up our foster license, because it is too tempting to adopt any more that come our way. There is some kind of challenge on a daily basis, but the payoff is tremendous, experiencing their triumphs and sharing their other "life stuff". I would do my life over a million times."

Brian and Sandy have five children, Autumn, Alexis, Hailey, Jordan and Albert. This family photo was taken right after they adopted their youngest, Albert.

Also -- Autumn, their oldest had this little note to add:

"Thank you mom and dad for bringing me into the family! Who knows what life would have been like if you hadn't; for all of us. Love you!"


I really hope you enjoyed this weeks blogs.  If you have an idea for a guest blog, please don't hesitate to contact us! Here's a link to our Facebook! Also, I especially hope that you enjoyed our spotlight on National Adoption month!  Do you know of anything else that's coming up that you'd like to see us do a spotlight on?  Go ahead and comment, e-mail, or Facebook us!  We would love to hear your thoughts and opinions!

Until next time!
-The Naptime Bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment